GET THE LOOK – April Parker-Jones
We love the gorgeous Spring makeup look of the stunning April Parker-Jones (star of If Loving You is Wrong on OWN) who is featured in a fabulous editorial spread in our April 2015 issue (iTunes.) It’s easy to achieve this fresh-faced but glamorous look with a few easy pointers. Here is the breakdown of her fabulous look:
– Start with a thin layer of primer, I like the Invisiblur Perfecting Shield with 30 SPF
– With a foundation brush, use a slightly lighter color on the T-zone area. I like Clinique’s Stay Matte oil free foundation for this area.
– Next match your shade (I like the new Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer) to your forehead and apply to your forehead and outer edges and jawline. Blend the two together with your foundation brush.
– Set with a light layer of powder (I like the Cover fx blotting powder)
– Brush the eyelid with the light purple shade (from the Eyeshadow Quad). Next blend the Strawberry color (from the Shadow Duo) on the entire crease. Use the dark purple shade on the outer corners of the eye for drama.
– Add eye lashes.
– Use the Quickliner eyeliner in Intense Black along the top lash line and on the bottom lash line and inner eye. Smudge a little light purple shadow over the bottom liner for a smokey effect.
– Add one coat of mascara on the lashes.
– Finish with a dab of concealer under the eye. (The Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer works great). Set with a light layer of blotting powder.
– Fill in the eyebrows with Clinique’s Instant Lift for Brows and use the highlighter under the brow line to add shimmer.
– Sweep the blush in New Clover along the lower part of the cheekbone and then add some shimmer to the high point of the cheekbone with the Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlighter.
– Line and fill the the lip with Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Whoppin’ Watermelon. Then use the NYX extra creamy round lipstick in Paparrazi in the center of the lips.
Have Fun with this fresh but sexy look- Valerie